Mississippi Property Lawyer and Attorney for Eminent Domain
Eminent domain is the power of the government to take private property and convert it to public use, provided reasonable compensation is paid. This is also sometimes known as “condemnation.” Mississippi Law provides for specific procedures which must be followed by the government in taking property. At the Law Offices of Attorney John R. Reeves, P.C., we can assist you in defending the government’s taking of your property. We can help you answer important questions such as these, among others:
- Can the government take my land if I don’t want to give it up?
- How much will the government have to pay me?
- Are appraisals required?
- Do I have the right to obtain my own appraisal and present that to the court?
- Do I have a right to a jury trial?
- Can I contest the government’s claim that it is taking my property for a public purpose?
Please contact us to arrange for a confidential consultation with a Mississippi Property Lawyer and Attorney for Eminent Domain.