Mississippi Wrongful Death Attorney and Lawyer
A wrongful death lawsuit is brought on behalf of a decedent’s survivors for damages resulting from an injury that caused the decedent’s death. Wrongful death lawsuits are governed by statutes (laws) adopted by the state legislature. Under the law, certain relatives of the decedent are entitled to share in any recovering in a wrongful death lawsuit. At the Law Offices of Attorney John R. Reeves, P.C., we can answer these and many other important questions about your wrongful death claim:
- What relatives are entitled to receive compensation under the law in a wrongful death lawsuit?
- Is any particular relative preferred by law as the one to initiate a wrongful death lawsuit?
- How long do you have to file a wrongful death lawsuit after the decedent’s death?
- What amount of damages can you expect to receive in a wrongful death lawsuit?
- If minors are involved, must a trust be established to safeguard any recovery the minor receives in a wrongful death lawsuit?
- Are you bound to be involved in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by a relative or can you file your own separate wrongful death lawsuit?
- Must you first open an estate for probate or administration in chancery court before undertaking a wrongful death lawsuit?
Please contact us to arrange for a confidential consultation with a Mississippi Wrongful Death Attorney and Lawyer.