Mississippi Fraud Lawyer and Attorney
Fraud is a knowing misrepresentation of the truth or concealment of a material fact to induce another to act to his detriment. Fraud can sometimes be a crime. The law on fraud has, in some instances, been extended to include unconscionable dealing as in the unconscientious use of the power arising out of the parties’ relative positions and resulting in an unconscionable bargain. Fraud can embrace many forms, including actual fraud, civil fraud, criminal fraud, constructive fraud, election fraud, fraud on the court, insurance fraud, mail fraud, wire fraud, tax fraud, among many others. At the Law Offices of Attorney John R. Reeves, P.C., we can answer these and other important questions you may have concerning a matter of fraud:
- Specifically what are the elements required to prevail in a civil fraud lawsuit?
- Is fraud considered intentional, or can it also be negligent in nature?
- What damages can you expect to receive in a fraud lawsuit?
- Will the defendant’s insurance carrier accept a fraud claim for defense or payment of damages?
- Can you obtain injunctive relief from a court to stop the defendant’s fraudulent conduct?
- Can you receive punitive damages in a fraud lawsuit?
Please contact us to arrange for a confidential consultation with a Mississippi Fraud Attorney, Mississippi Fraud Lawyer